The Carter Mtn. is an extremely large free standing cabin tent with 3 rooms. The two large 7x10 sleeping rooms are connected in the middle by a 6x10 common room. The common room will work well as a storage room or for extra sleeping space when needed. There are 2 door that enter into the common room for easy entry and exit and the large awning over the front door keeps rain from entering the main door. The Carter Mtn's full coverage rainfly defies the strongest wind when tied out properly and keeps out even the heaviest rains. Several clear and light grey panels in the rainfly keep the interior from getting dark and gloomy. A bathtub floor means no ground level seams to leak and numerous windows and mesh roof panels keep moisture to a minimum. The tent comes packaged in a duffle style carrying bag with separate pole and stake bags included. Also included are extra stakes and guylines to help keep the tent in one place.
The tent's roomy three-room design includes a seven by ten foot (W x D) sleeping room on either side of a six by ten foot (W x D) common area.
A large awning over the front door keeps rain from entering the tent, while a full coverage rainfly defies strong winds when tied out properly, and keeps out even the heaviest rains. Several clear and light grey panels in the rainfly keep the interior light and bright, numerous windows and mesh roof panels keep moisture to a minimum, and a bathtub floor means no ground-level seams to leak. The tent comes packaged in a duffle-style carrying bag with separate pole and stake bags. Extra stakes and guylines are also included.
Fabric coating is measured in millimeters, with the measurement referring to the height of a column of water that a fabric will withstand without water seeping through. Gigatents use 600-to-800-millimeter coating on tents and 800-to-1200-millimeter on rainflys, keeping you dry through the night.
Most Gigatent tents use a Twin Track zipper, meaning the door features a horizontal zipper and a slightly curving vertical zipper, allowing for longer life over heavier use. Gigatent's oversized zippers are constructed of nickel-plated sliders for added durability.
Family-style tents are designed to provide the most interior room possible, and--using a combination of steel and fiberglass poles--Gigatent combines the straight walls of cabin tents with traditional freestanding nature of dome tents, providing the best of both worlds. Unique "combo rooms" enable greater versatility, effectively adding a screen porch to the tent for extra sleepers or gear storage, and Gigatent's backpacking tents are designed to provide the maximum amount of living space in the minimum amount of weight.
19-millimeter steel poles are employed for most large Gigatent family tents. The poles are cable-corded together instead of chain-corded, reducing the possibility of breakage. Large diameter poles and shockcord offer market-leading strength and durability for long life.
- Three-season tent sleeps eight to 12 people
- Two doors, eight windows, and 18 poles
- 61-pound pack weight
- Measures 20 by 10 feet (W x D)
- 200 square feet of floor space
- 96-inch center height and 72-inch eave height
- Measures 12 by 12 by 36 inches (W x H x D) packed
- Chain-corded steel and fiberglass poles
- Polyethylene floor
- 190T polyester walls with 600-millimeter-rated polyurethane coating
- Mosquito mesh roof and netting throughout
- Full 190T polyester rainfly with 1,200-millimeter-rated polyurethane coating
- 23 nine-inch plastic stakes
Gigatent tents and canopies include a limited three-year manufacturer's warranty against defects in materials and workmanship.
- Sleeps 8-12 Minimum Weight 60 lbs Pack Weight 61 lbs 0oz Dimensions 20' x 10' Interior Height 96'' Eave Height 72'' Floor Area 200 sq ft Vestibule N/A Pack Size 36'' x 12'' x 12'' Doors 2 Window 8
- Pole Material Chain corded steel,fiberglass Floor Material Polyethylene Wall Material Polyester 190T 600mm P.U. Roof Material Mosquito mesh Netting Material Mosquito mesh Fly Material Polyester 190T 1200mm P.U. Stakes 23 - 9'' Plastic
- Large, freestanding cabin tent with three rooms, capable of sleeping up to 12; two large, seven by ten foot (W x D) sleeping rooms connect in the middle by six by ten foot common room
- Awning over front door keeps rain from entering tent, while full coverage rainfly defies strong winds when tied out properly and keeps out even the heaviest rains
- Several clear and light grey panels in rainfly keep interior light and bright, numerous windows and mesh roof panels keep moisture to a minimum, and bathtub floor means no ground level seams to leak
- 61-pound pack weight; measures 20 by 10 feet (W x D) with 200 square feet of floor space; 96-inch center height and 72-inch eave height; measures 12 by 12 by 36 inches (W x H x D) packed
- Includes limited three-year manufacturer's warranty